BookMates Jr. is a service for our patrons who would like a surprise selection of children's books, based on a specific topic or theme. Answer a few questions about what you're looking for and we'll select up to 10 books to put on hold for you to pick up at the library, curbside or drive-thru window.
Here's how it works:
- Tell us a little about yourself and what you would love to read about.
- Staff will begin looking for your books. Only physical books (no e-books) are available for this service.
- Staff will aim for the number of books you’ve requested, but this could change depending on availability of topic or theme.
- Once staff have found books that match your preferences, they will put them on hold for you to pick up.
- You will receive an email/text/phone call (based on your notification preference) within 7 days once the books are ready for you to pick up. You may receive more than one email about books placed on hold through this service. To see what holds were placed, you can log onto your account online or call the Call Center at 480-312-READ (7323) for more assistance.