We accept materials in good condition that are gently used and are not dusty, damaged, or bug infested. Here are some guidelines:
- Books: We accept both fiction and nonfiction materials, as well as rare and collectible items.
- Paperbacks: We accept those in good condition without yellowed pages or damage.
- Children's Books: We accept those in good condition without damaged or torn pages.
- Magazines: We accept all current magazines (current month plus the last 3 months). Please remove address labels before donating.
Media: We accept CDs, DVDs and video games.
- Magazines: We do not accept magazine subscription donations.
- Specialty Magazines: We accept all issues. Examples of specialty magazines are Oprah, Martha Stewart, Architectural Digest, craft magazines, etc.
- Specialty Magazines: We only accept current year: Arizona Highways, National Geographic and Phoenix Magazine.
- Media: We do not accept VHS videos or audio cassette tapes.
We appreciate any donations you are able to give to the Library.
All donations are placed for sale in the Library Shops at all locations or via third party vendors generating revenue to supplement Library programs and services. The funds and proceeds raised go to the City’s general fund. If you have any questions, please call 480-312-6016.
* Charitable contributions to governmental units are tax-deductible under section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code if made for a public purpose.