WiFi Troubleshooting Tips
- Try a different website. Some sites may only be available while connected to a certain network. To see if this is the problem, try to access a general-use site, like Google, Yahoo or MSN.
- Check for pre-set proxy settings. Pre-set proxies may interfere with your ability to connect. To check your settings:
- Go to "Tools / Internet Options"
- Click on the "Connections" tab
- Click on "LAN Settings"
- Uncheck all three boxes.
- Check for a pre-set IP address. To use this WiFi service, you should get your IP via DHCP. To check this setting:
- Go to "Control panel / Network Connections"
- Right click "Local Area Network Connection" and select "Properties"
- Double-click "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"
- Check "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS address automatically".
If you have changed any settings on your computer to use WiFi, set them back before leaving the library. If you don't, you may not be able to connect to the web from work or home.
By choosing to use this free Internet service you agree to abide by the Library's Acceptable Use Policies. By so doing, you acknowledge that use is at your own risk and that the Library is not responsible for any damage that may occur to your computer while connected to the Scottsdale Public Library network.
Scottsdale Public Library Acceptable Use Policy