How do I Renew Library Items?
All library items have unlimited renewals unless another customer has placed a request for it.
- After reading these instructions, click on the My Account link at the top of the page.
- Enter your library card number and 4-digit PIN and click on the "Submit" button.
- Click on "items checked out." You may need to scroll down to see all of your list.
- If you want to renew a few items on your list, check the box in front of each item you want to renew and press "Renew Selected" Otherwise, click on "Renew All".
- Scroll down to see the new due dates. If your item did not get renewed, a message will appear next to the title telling you why not.
Renew by Phone
Phone renewal is available daily from 6 am to 11 pm.
- To begin, DIAL (480) 312-2434
- Do not hang up if the line rings for a long time. This means you are in the queue and the system will pick up.
- When prompted, use your phone keypad to enter your library card number, then press the # key.
- When prompted, enter each item's library barcode number folllowed by the # key.
- When the renewal is completed, a new due date will be given by day, then month & year. (Example: 2, July, 2003.)
- If an item cannot be renewed, you will hear the message, "This item may not be renewed at this time."
What is my PIN?
Your PIN is a secure number assigned when you first get your library card. If you do not have a PIN, leave the box on the login form blank and you will be prompted to assign one.
If you have forgotten your PIN, please call us (480) 312-READ (7323) so that we may assist you with getting a new one.
Where is the BARCODE on my item?
Books -- on the back cover (top edge) or inside the back cover. Do not confuse with the publisher's barcode. Ours has "Scottsdale Public Library" printed near the barcode.
Videos -- on the front of the videocassette.
CDs, DVDs & Audio Books -- on the back of the plastic case.
May I renew an overdue item?
Yes, you may renew an overdue item. The fine will be added to your account.
What is the checkout period & Library Fines Policy?
NEW Books and Videos may be checked out for 2 weeks, and will incur a .50¢/day late fee.
NEW DVDs may be checked out for 1 week, and if overdue will incur a .50¢/day late fee.
NEW Audio books may be checked out for 2 weeks, and will incur a .20¢/day late fee.
All other library materials may be checked out for 3 weeks, and will incur a .20¢/day late fee.
How Many items may I check out?
You may have up to 30 items checked out at any one time.
Why can't I renew my item?
The most common reasons are:
- It has been requested by another customer.
- You have $15 or more in fines.
- You already have 30 items checked out.
- Your card has expired or will expire before item is due back.
What if the answer to my problem isn't listed here?
Please call the library at (480) 312-READ (7323) to speak with a staff member so that we may assist you with your specific concern.